Business continuity solutions and planning involves developing a practical plan for how your business can prepare for, and continue to operate after an incident or crisis. A business continuity plan will help you to:
- identify and prevent risks where possible
- prepare for risks that you can’t control
- respond and recover if an incident or crisis occurs.
Preparing a business continuity plan will help your business recover quickly if an incident does happen. You may not be able to predict every kind of incident that could threaten your business, but you can develop a plan that covers a range of incidents (e.g. natural disasters, computer problems, staffing issues).
To get the most out of a business continuity plan, you should include a schedule for testing and updating it, making sure you take into account any changes to your business, your industry, or the location you operate in.
Your business continuity plan will form part of your business plan.
Your business continuity plan should contain all of the information you need to get your business running again after an incident or crisis.
The size and complexity of your business continuity plan will depend on your business. It will typically include the following sections:
- an introduction, with distribution list, executive summary, objectives and glossary
- a risk management plan with business impact analysis
- an incident response plan, with plan activation, incident response team, communications and contact list
- a recovery plan
- a test, evaluate and update schedule.
Whatever your business continuity needs, Intellect IT can provide proactive monitoring, maintenance and management. We provide the networking expertise to connect your staff and business systems so that you can stay focused on your business:
|· Disk to Disk (D2D)
· Disk to Disk to Tape
· Tape Drives, Loaders & Libraries
· Off-site Replication
· Other vendors